B.Sc (Cardiac Technology)
Bachelor of Science in Cardiac Technology or B.Sc (Cardiac Technology) is a 3-year full-time undergraduate course run under the school of Paramedical studies of GRD Group of Colleges. The course provides thorough knowledge related to clinical, applied, and advanced cardiac care technology. It trains you in the use of various instruments for conducting different tests and procedures as well as assists the physicians during cardiovascular diagnosis and treatment.
- Well researched and updated program covering all the fundamental as well as advanced aspects of heart functioning and its disorders.
- Regular sessions with professionals having vast experience in the field of cardiac technology.
- Hands-on knowledge of the latest instruments and procedures used in cardiovascular testing.
- Internships at our associated hospitals and other clinical facilities to provide real-time work experience and practice.
The candidate who has passed 10+2 with a minimum of 50% from a recognized board and has Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as principal subjects.
India has some 30 million heart patients, out of which 14 million reside in urban areas and 16 million in rural areas. Also, the country is called the diabetes capital of the world, with at least 50.8 million people suffering from type-2 diabetes, which happens to be at a high risk of people being affected by heart diseases. Therefore, a career after B.Sc in Cardiac Technology opens the doors to a bright future in the field of cardiology which is currently facing a huge shortage of talented and skilled individuals. Different job roles after the course include Cardiovascular Technologist, Cardiac Care Technologies, Cardiac Care Technician, Medical Sonographer, and others.
- One can work with leading government and private hospitals, diagnostic labs, and public health centers that involve the care and treatment of patients with heart disorders.
- With some experience start your independent diagnostic lab or practice to provide primary care.
- Students can also pursue higher studies with an M.Sc degree and earn specialization in Cardiology.
At GRD, we believe in the significance of the application of knowledge gained during the course and hence our curriculum incorporates hands-on experience on all the required tools and equipment in cardiac care technology. The team of GRD runs assured programs for job placements in some of the prominent hospitals, diagnostic labs, and other health care industries across the globe.