M.Sc (Medical Microbiology)
M.Sc Medical Microbiology at GRD College is a two-year post-graduate program that provides comprehensive knowledge and practical training in medical and molecular aspects of microbiology. The course will cover traditional and current methods of laboratory diagnosis, treatment, epidemiology, and management of infection.
- Modern facilities, emphasis on laboratory work, and teaching by academic experts prepare you for industry, academic, and research roles in microbiology.
- You’ll benefit from pioneering guest lecturers from academia and industry.
- Blended learning approach to teaching, focusing on problem-based scenarios so you can develop strong critical analysis skills.
Applicant must have a minimum of 50% score in a relevant graduation examination from any recognized College or University.
With the ongoing pandemic of COVID-19, caused by SARS-COV-2, a novel Coronavirus, it is easy to appreciate the relevance and scope of Microbiology more than ever. An advanced degree of M.Sc in Medical Microbiology gives you an edge to leverage the current and future scenario in public health systems around the world where there is a huge increase in demand for good medical microbiologists but limited talented and skilled professionals.
- Graduates will get to work in the global health careers to medical microbiology in laboratories, academic fields, in medical establishments, in the pharmaceutical industry and many others.
- Possible job titles include Research officer, Laboratory analyst or assistant, Healthcare Scientist, Lecturer/Professor, Head of Public Health, etc.
- You will get the opportunity to work in government and private research labs and medical facilities like hospitals and laboratories.
Here at GRD, you’ll benefit from our problem-based teaching approach and develop advanced critical analysis and group working skills. Moreover, GRD college has associations with NABH accredited hospitals and laboratories to help students get practical clinical experience and prepare them for a career in biomedical/clinical sciences, teaching, or academic and industrial research. Moreover, our associations with these hospital chains and major industries in the health care sector offer you assured campus placement opportunities.
About the Course:
B.Sc (MLS) course offered by GRD group of colleges is an undergraduate program with duration of 3 years (6 semesters). As a student of Medical Laboratory Science, you will be learning the science of clinical diagnosis of disease, using sophisticated biomedical instrumentation and technology.
The course will make you a clinical professional who provide laboratory information from laboratory analyses that assist physicians in patient diagnosis, treatment, monitoring and prevention of disease. The course is designed in consultation with premier diagnostic labs of India.
Those candidates who have passed the 10+2 with Physics & Chemistry as compulsory subjects and either Mathematics or Biology conducted by a recognized Board / University / Council.
Laboratory science is a critical healthcare field that impacts the health of every individual. In all the different institutions of health care, be it hospitals, research laboratories, pharmaceutical firms, diagnostic centers, fitness centers, public or government health care departments immense career opportunities are available for medical laboratory science professionals.
Apart from this one can set-up own diagnostics center or pursue further studies in different specializations of medical laboratory science to become an academician or scientist.
Direct International Placement at GRD: B.Sc (MLS) students also get the chance to work in foreign countries (like Canada and UK) right after their graduation from GRD group of colleges.