The course in Bachelor of Science in Optometry or B.Sc Optometry is a 4-year undergraduate course in which you will learn about the scientific principles in the field of optometry that includes examination, diagnosis, and treatment of the human eyes and its visual system. The program of B.Sc Optometry is designed to comprehensively cover all the theoretical and practical skills required to become a qualified optometrist.
- Range of teaching methods including lectures, clinics, and practical sessions.
- Regular lectures and interactions with experts from the eye care industry.
- Unique clinical experience and internships in leading eye hospitals across the country.
XII passed having a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects plus either Biology or Mathematics as an additional subject.
With over 133 million people, just in India, suffering from vision impairment due to scarcity of primary eye care professionals and availability of only 4000 4-year trained optometrists in comparison to the requirement of 115,000, there is a tremendous demand for optometrists in the country and overseas today. Ranked among the top 20 in best health care jobs in the US and Europe, the profession of optometrists offers vast future growth, impressive salaries, and a good work-life balance as well.
- Seek employment with a renowned eye care chain or hospital or work with optician showrooms, eye doctors, or even in the ophthalmic lens industry.
- After some experience set up their independent practice by starting their clinic, an optical shop, lens manufacturing unit, etc.
- Excellent job opportunities overseas as an optometrist.
- Pursue higher education in the relevant field and take up teaching or research.
Our goal at GRD is to make you a well-rounded vision consultant providing dynamic pedagogy that involves teaching the latest tools and equipment in optometry along with a special focus on soft skills. Our association with health care organizations around the globe offers you the opportunity to work in these topmost multinational companies.